Creamy Kefir And Mint Salad Dressing

Many raw food lovers are vegans by choice. I am a conscious omnivore and always strive for a balance in my nutrition. Home made kefir is one of the foods that I use quite often in my smoothies and I also add it to salad dressings and dips. It helps me improve my digestion and my overall health.

If you do not want to eat fermented raw milk, you can use cashew or macadamia nuts to replace kefir in this recipe. Add enough pre-soaked nuts to achieve nice and creamy consistency. You may have to add a bit more olive oil and lime juice, though. A pinch of nutritional yeast might help improve the taste as well.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup mint leaves and stems, washed and roughly chopped
  • 1/3 cup home made kefir
  • 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
  • juice and zest of 1 organic lime
  • 1 tsp Celtic sea salt


Method:
  • Place all the ingredients in food processor and whiz until creamy. Enjoy in good company on green salads. Chop seasonal green lettuce, add cucumber, spring onions and avocado, pour the dressing and voilĂ , a simple, healthy salad appears on your table almost by magic...
In radiant health, passionately raw - Dominique


Dominique Allmon©2014